Wednesday, July 2, 2014

THE GREEN RADISH

My co-worker had been waiting for The Green Radish food truck to come back to Midtown so she could finally taste their vegan cuisine...


I ordered the Farmer Salad – mesclun greens, grilled asparagus, roasted red peppers, heirloom tomatoes and parsley, pumpkin seed dressing. Sounds delicious, right? Unfortunately, the salad was overdressed, the portion was on the smaller side, the asparagus showed no signs or taste of grilling and the roasted red pepper was served as a whole chunk instead of being sliced in proportion to the salad.


My cubicle mate ordered the classic - baked black bean burger that contained melted onions, avocado puree and chipotle mayo all on a toasted whole wheat bun. Her verdict: it smells yummy and that it was probably the best vegan food she's ever had. If she could change one thing about the burger, it would be too add some crunch; too much of a mushy texture to her liking.


I couldn't decide between the chocolate peanut butter donart and the brownie so they told me that if I bought the brownie they would throw in the donart if I shared. I had really high hopes for these sweet treats since I had eaten prior vegan desserts that I actually preferred over their traditional counterparts. The donart was dense and had very little traces of chocolate and peanut butter. As for the brownie, it tasted better and did a pretty good job at curing my after lunch sweet tooth. The cookie was ordered for someone else but it looked pretty good.





Overall, the service was fast and very friendly. I would go back to try their sandwiches and will probably skip the desserts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment