Thursday, July 24, 2014

GREEN SYMPHONY

Sometimes you need more than a salad but less than a bowl of pasta…


After a week of over indulging, I was on the hunt for something healthy and filling. A salad just wouldn't cut it today and I didn't want to be left feeling hungry after an hour or two. After some Google-ing and Yelp-ing, I stumbled upon Green Symphony that had a plethora of hearty, healthy options.

Walking in, you're immediately surrounded by snacks, juices and the buffet. Everything looked delicious (especially the desserts that are at the check-out counter – which make them even more tempting), but I ended up ordering the veggie fuel bowl that contained organic brown rice, sesame seed, seaweed, bean sprouts, spinach, carrot, mushroom, chopped greens, soy meat, kimchi & a whole egg. Unfortunately, the rice in my bowl was scraped from the bottom of the pot, overcooked and crunchy. As for the other toppings, they were pretty bland but the gochujang (red, spicy Korean "hot sauce") that came on the side helped a lot. My co-worker ordered the Seoul Mandoo bowl which she thought tasted plain but said the peanut sauce made it taste more flavorful.

I will definitely be heading back to Green Symphony when I am craving something healthy but can't stand to have another salad. A lot of the regulars had food from the buffet which had plenty of options and the pre-made wraps seemed like a no-brainer. Has anyone tried the desserts? They look tasty but after my last vegan dessert, I'm a little weary of another disappointing dessert.

Location:
255 W 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
between 7th Ave & 8th Ave










No comments:

Post a Comment