Wednesday, July 9, 2014

MARGON

If you're in the mood for some delicious Cuban food, then hightail it to Margon.


After coming back from a long weekend, I decided to indulge for lunch. The first restaurant that came to mind was Margon.

If you're hankering for some guaranteed, hands-down delicious Cuban food, you definitely have to come here. I usually order their Roast Chicken Entree a.k.a. Pollo Asado that has crisp skin on the outside and juicy, fall off the bone meat on the inside. You get two sides to accompany your entree - choose the rice and beans if you're not sure which two to pick. 

On this particular humid day, rice and beans were too heavy for me so I got the moro rice and salad. The single plantain I received was moist and sweet, the rice was flavorful and the salad was refreshing. During lunch, my co-worker and I noticed that she did not receive any plantains nor the extra ingredients (avocado, beets and green beans) in her salad. I guess it depends on who is plating for you. But IMO, for $9 + tax, you get your moneys worth plus more.  

This obscure restaurant is a hidden gem near Times Square. If you haven't already, go and check this place out – you won't be disappointed!














Location:
136 W 46th St.
New York, NY 10036
(212) 354-5013 

No comments:

Post a Comment