Monday, August 18, 2014

NUM PANG

I am still on the hunt to find authentic, delicious Vietnamese food in Midtown – my journey brings me to Num Pang.



Having heard from a couple of co-workers that Num Pang was a not to be missed Vietnamese restaurant, a group of us journeyed over there to investigate whether or not this place lived up to the hype.

My co-worker and I decide to split the Hoisin Meatballs and Five-Spice Glazed Pork Belly sandwiches since we we couldn't decide which ones to get. 

Although the Five-Spice Glazed Pork Belly had received great reviews on GrubHub and Yelp, I personally preferred the Hoisin Meatballs. (My co-worker had the opposite thoughts.) The meatballs were flavorful yet moist and held it's own with the rest of the typical Vietnamese sandwich ingredients. As for the pork belly, it lacked flavor and was not dry but also not moist. Best word to describe it was "meh". 

Num Pang definitely cured my craving for a good Vietnamese hoagie but I was still a little hungry and would recommend getting a sandwich with one of their sides. (Another co-worker said their Grilled Corn on the Cob was delicious.)


Hoisin Meatballs

Five-Spice Glazed Pork Belly

No comments:

Post a Comment